What comes to mind when you see the letters S.N.F?
It is difficult to say as the letters have the potential to refer to a number of entities or organizations.
Wikipedia relates that the words may refer to:
Saturday Night Fever
Saturday Night Football
Skilled Nursing Facility
Soviet Northern Front
Just to name a few. Although this probably is not what the Registrant had in mind when he registered the domain name in 2001, it cannot be denied that the term is not solely identified with a particular entity.
The Complainant, S.P.C.A. SA seems to think otherwise. Operating from its website SNF-Group.com (registered in 2006) they have filed a UDRP dispute against the Registrant listed as Vertical Axis claiming bad faith registration and use of the domain name.
Previous cases regarding three letter domain names may provide some insight into how this one will be decided.
- QLP.COM – [DENIED] in 2013
- ELK.COM – [DENIED] in 2012 (Reverse Domain Name Hijacking found)
- INW.COM – [DENIED] in 2012
- SHA.COM – [DENIED] in 2012 (Reverse Domain Name Hijacking found)
- SSX.COM – [DENIED] in 2012
- SMA.COM –[DENIED] in 2012
Do you see a pattern emerging?